What is Chavutti Massage?
Chavutti Thirumal, the Keralite massage with the foot, is an inseparable part of Kerala traditions. This is a special whole body massage using the feet instead of hands. It is a unique therapy where therapists holds on to the rope and balance himself with one rope and gives massage with other foot. Here the full body weight is used to give the powerful and strong massage. Chavutti Thirumal literally meaning foot pressure in the Malayalam language, and also known as Foot Massage or Indian Rope massage. It is a traditional Indian massage technique developed by the Kalari Martial Artists(Kalaripayattu), and it is thought to be approximately two thousand years old. The Kalaripayattu not only trained in battle but also developed a range of healing modalities known as Kalari Chikitsa, which comprises massage techniques; Chavutti Thirumal, Marma Massage and the application of medicinal herbal oils.
After applying healing oils, the therapist uses body weight to work on the energy lines focusing on muscle and bone alignment. This restores elasticity and flexibility. Massage is done mainly with the instep of the foot, at times using the toes and heels.
Chavutti Thirumal is a delicate balancing act with the rope and requires tremendous coordination, concentration and physical power. Chavutti Thirumal is done on a firm, supportive mat on the floor.
The technique was developed for maintaining suppleness in the body and for treating pain and swelling caused by combat. It is however, equally suitable as a treatment for those not involved in regular or strenuous physical exercise and wishing to maintain their own fitness and well being. It is based on the precise knowledge of the body’s energetic channels “nadis” or the meridian lines.
Where it is Used?
This medicinal system was originally developed by Kalari masters in order to heal battle related injuries, as well as to improve their students fighting abilities. Nowadays, Chavutti Thirumal can be applied to everyone to achieve good health. The therapy is based on the precise knowledge of the body’s energetic channels (nadis) & vital spots (marmas).
What distinguishes Chavutti Thirumal from other massage treatments is the application. The foot of the masseur is able to give a deeper, more thorough pressure and is able to cover the whole length of the body from the tips of the fingers to the tips of the toes, with long continuous graceful strokes. The process of learning the Chavutti Thirumal art may require a type of calling and certainly a deep dedication to the well-being of people and their physical, emotional, mental and spiritual upkeep. The masseur/se will have been inspired into trying to understand and prevent illness in order to develop the skill and dexterity required that enables a deep concentration and co-ordination to execute this joyful but intense experience.
Students undertaking the course would learn the art of massaging by applying pressure on the body with their feet. The feet provide an even and deeper pressure on the body, as compared to the hand. They will learn and practice balancing with a rope overhead, and provide massage on specific pressure points through long, deep and effective strokes on the body.
Benefits of Chavutti Thirumal
- It relieves Back pain and muscle spasm
- Alleviate muscular pain, stiffness in joints and any restricted movement of the joints
- Relieve deep-seated pain
- Clear troublesome emotions and psychological blocks
- Assist the body in initiating its own detoxification process and encourage self healing.
- It Improve the suppleness, flexibility correct the bad posture and relieve the mental stress
- Improve body image and encourage a sense of acceptance of your body.
- This excellent massage bring emotional, mental and spiritual energy in balance.
Length of Course : 07 days
Terms and Conditions
- Certificates will not be issued until completion of all studies, exams and any payments due.
- Free study materials will be given for all students and a copy of free dvd which contains various types of kalari massages.
Code of Ethics
- Treating all people in the group with respect.
- Modesty and humbleness to be followed at all times during practice.
Schedule of the Course
- 11th of every month
Total No of Seats : 10 seats.
Timing of Classes
- Yoga Session : The day starts with free yoga lessons by 7.30 am to 8.30 am, then students go for the breakfast
- Session I: 10.00 am to 12:00 pm.
- Lunch Break: 12:00 to 2 pm
- Session II: 2 pm to 3.30 pm
FREE STUDY MATERIAL
Fees, Booking and Payment
Course fee: ₹40,000 (Check Conversion Rate)
(Including Food and Accommodation)
Facilities Provided with the Accommodation:
- Spacious and air conditioned rooms with attached bathroom.
- 24 hour free Wi-Fi facility
- 24 hr Hot-Cold Water
- Television with all international channels
- International power sockets
- Full-length wardrobe
- Tea Kettle
- Hair dryer
- Self cooking facility
- Pick up and drop to the Airport (on Request)
- Laundry (on Request)
- Round the clock medical attention
- Herbal water or mineral water.
Reservation Payment Details:
We are committed to keep up the quality of our training programs and we take only limited number of students each month. So we advice students to reserve their seat well in advance.
- To secure reservation in the program, 50% of the total course fees should be paid in advance.
- The advance fee deposit will be deducted from the total course fee and the balance must be paid on the first day of the training program.
- Student can also make full payment in advance for reserve the seat.
- No Refund: No refund as cash back, but you can reschedule your reserved program with our consent.
- Transferability: In case if you are unable to join the above course, any of your friend or your referral person can attend the same program.
- Validity: Reservation is valid up to 2 years from the date of confirmation of reservation/payment