Vitiligo is a disease that causes loss of skin color in patches. The discolored areas usually get bigger with time. The condition can affect the skin on any part of the body. It can also affect hair and the inside of the mouth.
Symptoms of Vitiligo:
- Patchy loss of skin colour, which usually first appears on the hands, face, and areas around body openings and the genitals
- Premature whitening or graying of the hair on your scalp, eyelashes, eyebrows or beard
- Loss of color in the tissues that line the inside of the mouth and nose (mucous membranes)
Causes of Vitiligo:
- A disorder of the immune system (autoimmune condition)
- Family history (heredity)
- A trigger event, such as stress, severe sunburn or skin trauma, such as contact with a chemical
- Unknown causes
Ayurveda line of Treatment of Vitiligo:
- Snehana (oleation)
- Swedana (sudation)
- Shodhana (body purification by emesis or purgation)
- Lepana (external application)
- Internal medicines – We have very effective internal medicines like Lehya, Gritha, Kashaya, Arishta and Vati which are very effective in Vitiligo.
- External oils for application – We have a very effective ayurvedic oils which are very effective in vitiligo treatment.
Single drug’s very useful in Vitiligo:
- Khadira-Acacia catechu
- Bakuchi-Psoralia corylifolia
- Tuvaraka- Hydnocarpus laurifolia
- Bhallataka-Semecarpus anacardium
- Mulaka- Radish – Raphanus sativus
- Daruharidra-Berberis aristata
- Karanja-Pongamia pinnata
- Kakodumbara- Ficus hispida
- Aragwadha-Cassia fistula
- Haritaki-Terminalia chebula
Wholesome diet and habits:
- Old rice (purana shali)
- Green gram (mudga)
- Light food (laghu ahara)
- Patola (bitter gourd)
- Khadirodaka(hot infusion of khadira)
- Fasting, worship, enchanting the sacred hymns
Unwholesome diet and habits:
- Viruddhahara (incompatible food)
- Guru ahara (heavy food)
- Vidahi ahara (spicy, pungent food)
- Vishtambhi ahara (constipatives)
- Anupa mamsa (aquatic animals)
- Kanda -moola (roots and tubers)
- Masha (black gram)
- Amla-katu-avana rasa(sour, pungent, salty food)
- Kritaghnata (being thankless)
Vitiligo Treatment Package
7 days / 14 days / 21 days / 28 days
Cost: INR 5100/day
- Initial Consultation with Ayurveda Doctor and daily follow up consultation
- All Ayurvedic Meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Supper) & herbal drinks
- Advice on Diet & Lifestyle Management
- Ayurveda Therapies – Customized for each client.
- Yoga (once a day – Yogasanas, Breathing, Meditation and Relaxation)
- We are committed to keep up the quality of our treatment package programs and we take only limited number of guests each month. So we advice you to reserve your treatment packages minimum one month in advance.
- The 50% charges of the treatment package should be paid in advance to reserve the treatment package.
- The advance deposit will be deducted from the total treatment package and the balance must be paid on the first day of the treatment program.
Book your appointment with our medical director and Chief physician:
Dr Hariprasad Shetty B.A.M.S, M.D
Medical Director and Chief Physician, Ayurdhama Ayurveda
Call: +91-98804 64302
Dr. Hariprasad Shetty has done her B.A.M.S, M.D from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences in 2005. He is an accomplished Ayurvedic doctor and has delivered great results in the field of vitiligo treatment. He is very experienced in vitiligo treatment. His approach into a holistic approach to find the solution of vitiligo through Proper Examination, Consultation, Panchakarma treatment, External Medicines and Internal medication.